topic XAVIER CLUB FOOTBALL SHOP 24
[Forum Announcements]
nickgyp
March 16, 2024, 09:52:32 AM
topic Update
[General Discussion]
Bruce
March 14, 2024, 09:35:30 AM

Author Topic: Xavier Football gear  (Read 15648 times)

Offline Coach

• Taxi Squad
Xavier Football gear
« on: October 17, 2008, 08:52:18 AM »
What if anything is for sale this year ?  I had heard some talk about mini helmets.  Any new shirts, sweats or hats ?

Offline nickgyp

• Superstar
Re: Xavier Football gear
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2008, 03:52:21 PM »
They have new white baseball caps and new football jerseyss. I had some mini helmets made and presented to the coach and team, I do have a contact to make these helmets but the club officer's are unsure about fronting the money to sell them as a fund raiiser. What I might do is have one displayed tomorrow and gauge interest in them. Part of the problem is ordering them in bulk to cut down in costs and then mailing them out. In order to make any money and cover cost of shipping, I imagine charging fans between $35.00 and $40.00 dollars with profits going to the team. But the money would have to be up front. Let me see if I can put a form together for the display table.

Offline Coach

• Taxi Squad
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2008, 09:43:38 PM »
Thanks for the info Nick.

coasterville

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2008, 02:09:32 PM »
I saw the sample mini-helmet on the sales table today, and it looks GREAT.  There were order forms available at the game, price is $35.  I'll be ordering one come Monday.  Sorry, didn't take my camera or I would have gotten a photo.

Offline nickgyp

• Superstar
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2008, 04:21:15 PM »
Coasterville:

Glad you like the helmets; as my order form states; I want to gauge the interest for these. I am willing to be the midddleman for the time being but my hope is that eventually these helmets could be purchased directly via the team. the web-site and or the bookstore with proifits going to the team. If the demand is there, the club team could order them in bulk. My supplier custom makes these and he is aware of the fundraising aspect that I am pursuing. Individual orders are more expensive but we will see how this works out. I already received an order form with cash and I did not tally how mamy order forms were taken.

Offline Duckie

• Taxi Squad
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2008, 06:45:42 AM »
I drove down from Michigan to see the game on Saturday....Great Weather Great Facility and a Win what more could you ask for...
Also saw the Mini Helmets that were on dispay. Great detail...Just a heads up I will also be sending in the order form shortly.  As always Kevin thanks for all the updates on the games and your efforts in supporting the team....You are truly appreciated especially from us out of towners who can't make it to all the games....I always look forward to your comments on this football forum after each game.  It keeps us out of towners in the loop....

Thanks Again!!!  And looking forward to your next posting.... :D

Offline nickgyp

• Superstar
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2008, 05:34:07 PM »
Duckie:

More than glad to oblige. I am hoping that in the years to come, I can look back on the small part that I played in fanning the embers of Xavier football. Glad that you liked the helmets. I really hope the interest is there because I think they add to the reality of XU football. How cool would it be if the bookstore eventually sold them.?  Agreed: it was a perfect day for football; and the game was fun to attend. I just hope more fans get involved because the gridders and coach Powers and staff put in an outstanding effort and it is a quality product.

coasterville

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2008, 09:18:27 AM »
I finally got that order form and check into the maibox this morning...

Planning on attending the Marquette game as well as part of Alumni Weekend.

Offline gym from delhi

• Taxi Squad
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2008, 06:55:37 PM »
I saw the white jerseys for the first time Saturday, and they're pretty sharp.  The blue ones are too, so perhaps in  the future replicas could also be on sale.  I have one of the mini-helmets, and they're a great paperweight/conversation piece/spirit booster. I'm looking forward to the Nov 2 game at Miami.

coasterville

« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2008, 11:28:58 PM »
Just wanted to mention that my mini helmet arrived a few weeks ago, on the day of the IPFW game as a matter of fact. 

For those thinking about them, the level of detail is amazing inside and out,  The blue stripes are ridged, not just printed, and I was expecting a plain unfinished inside but it actually has all the padding you would find in the full size helmet. 

I'd say well worth the $35 for any XU Football fan, either of the club team or from the days of old. 

I have added it to my XU shelf right alongside my Sato nesting doll, Posey, DArtagnan and Blue Blob bobbleheads.

At the very least its a neat conversation piece, usually the conversation starter is "I didn't think Xavier played football anymore?"  At which point I can spread the word about the club team.  Just remember we have a better record than the pro team in this city!

If anybody would be interested, I could take a few photos of it....

Offline Bruce

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2008, 08:17:47 AM »
I'd love to see a photo of it.  If I can, I might use part of the photo as a logo here on the forum.

Offline nickgyp

• Superstar
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2008, 05:33:04 PM »
Coasterville:

Glad you like the helmet; I agree with all your observations. I think posting pictures would be a great idea. I plan on contacting the local representative about direct sales from this web site.

coasterville

« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2008, 08:35:32 PM »
As promised:

Right Side View:

Front on view, what our opponents admire:

Left Side View, don't want to be accused of being unfair to lefties:

Back view, what they see after we get past them and are running to glory:

Inside view, note the padding to protect your mini XU football players head!:

Offline nickgyp

• Superstar
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2008, 07:29:14 PM »
Coaster:

Nice shots of helmet. Have not heard back from local rep about propistion to sell through this site but once I do, I will let everyone know.

xuohtx

« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2008, 03:19:34 PM »
Saw the pics over on xavierhoops.com.  I really want one of these, plus they would make great Xmas gifts.  How can I get an order form?  I am all the way here in Texas.

Also, I don't know if I missed it but are jerseys for sale somewhere too?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal