topic XAVIER CLUB FOOTBALL SHOP 24
[Forum Announcements]
nickgyp
March 16, 2024, 09:52:32 AM
topic Update
[General Discussion]
Bruce
March 14, 2024, 09:35:30 AM

Author Topic: Steubenville connection  (Read 2755 times)

Offline nickgyp

• Superstar
Steubenville connection
« on: March 19, 2016, 04:57:51 PM »
This past week, an attorney from Steubenville called me about a trucker who is from Alabama but got a ticket passing through Cincinnati. However, the trucker failed to pay the ticket and now had a warrant out for his arrest. The attorney wanted to know how to deal with the ticket. I told him the procedure and then we started talking NCAA BB. He said he was an Ohio State fan and I mentioned I was a Xavier fan. He immediately told me that Steubenville was the home of two Xavier footballers. I immediately knew that he was referring to Danny Abramowicz who I remember watching catch passes from Carroll Williams. The other was not someone that I would have guessed but when he mentioned his name, I recognized it immediately. Tito Carinci. I told the attorney that Abramowicz was X's best receiver ever but I hadn't seen Carinci play but I knew the name as Carinci (who apparently was very good player) was someone who got caught up with some shady characters in Newport, Kentucky during its gambling, mob-connected days in the 50's.

I always appreciate the opportunity to talk Xavier football.

Offline Bruce

• Administrator
Re: Steubenville connection
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2016, 10:03:48 AM »
The proverbial small world!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal