topic XAVIER CLUB FOOTBALL SHOP 24
[Forum Announcements]
nickgyp
March 16, 2024, 09:52:32 AM
topic Update
[General Discussion]
Bruce
March 14, 2024, 09:35:30 AM

Author Topic: Cincinnati Christian University football  (Read 5553 times)

Offline nickgyp

• Superstar
Cincinnati Christian University football
« on: August 14, 2016, 07:50:42 PM »
Cincinnati Christian University located in Price Hill starts its inaugural football season at Oak Hills H.S. in a couple weeks against Union. The CCU website shows that CCU has a JV team as well. Former Bengal DB David Fulcher coaches the team. His squad had a scrimmage over the weekend;  and Channel 9 sports coverage showed a fairly large squad. Growing up on the West Side, I'd pass the Cincinnati Bible Seminary (now CCU) many times going downtown on Glenway Avenue. Yet, Xavier has no football at all. Something just doesn't seem right....

Offline Bruce

• Administrator
Re: Cincinnati Christian University football
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2016, 05:33:51 PM »
Just can't seem to get any traction for X to give it another go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline nickgyp

• Superstar
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2016, 04:52:10 PM »
Bruce:

With the BB team's success, there seems to be no desire to mess with FB as it might be considered a distraction. Then there is Title IX. But I don't buy it. Villanova has football and BB won the NCAA. Dayton and Butler field football teams in the PFL and run successful BB programs as does Georgetown in D.C.
Sure woud be nice to see X playing again; and hope springs eternal.

Offline nickgyp

• Superstar
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2016, 06:03:41 PM »
Wish I was commenting on Xavier football but I'm not. Interestingly enough, after the Cincinnati Enquirer did a story on Cinti Christian football, the paper has not covered a single game (but not surprisingly as the Enquirer has become such a lousy paper). Anyway, this past weekend the team went to 0-9 for the season losing its closest game, 28-7 to Bluefield College (yep, Bluefield has a team but X doesn't) Anyway, CCU 's next closest loss was to Georgetown College, 35-7. There were several blowout losses but hopefully, it's just growing pains. FWIW: saw part of Old Dominion's loss last Saturday night on television at Western Kentucky. The Monarchs are a relatively new team in college football but their blue uniforms remind me of Xavier and my own hopes that maybe someday....

Offline Bruce

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2016, 08:40:13 PM »
Is there any indication X might try to resurrect the club football program?  I'm afraid it's fallen by the wayside.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline nickgyp

• Superstar
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2016, 08:35:21 PM »
Not that I know of. Someone on Facebook posted a team photo of the club team from. 2007. Former players and coach Powers commented on the thread. I expressed hopes that maybe it could start up again. Coach powers wasn't optimistic which given his most recent efforts to restart it in 2014 I understand. But if it could be started from scratch in 2006 who is to say it couldn't happen again.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal