topic XAVIER CLUB FOOTBALL SHOP 24
[Forum Announcements]
nickgyp
March 16, 2024, 09:52:32 AM
topic Update
[General Discussion]
Bruce
March 14, 2024, 09:35:30 AM

Author Topic: No news is, well, no news  (Read 3362 times)

Offline nickgyp

• Superstar
No news is, well, no news
« on: May 26, 2017, 04:29:51 PM »
Much as I wish that there was something positive to say about football at Xavier, there is nothing new. Just received a slick Xavier promo with an X on it always hoping some mention of football may be found in there. No such luck. Being a Cincinnati resident, I find myself reading obituaries. Being older kind of does that but I will not muse how odd it seems that people die in alphabetical order. Anyway, Frank Milostan, Sr. recently passed away and it was noted that he was a football captain at Xavier in the 50's. That was before my time attending games at Corcoran Field but I went to high school with his son but had no idea about the family's ties to Xavier football. I can only imagine how special it was for these gridders to have played on Victory Parkway.

And with each passing year, it seems the light on Xavier's football past grows dimmer. I still hold hope that Xavier can experience football again.

Offline Bruce

• Administrator
Re: No news is, well, no news
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2017, 08:20:00 PM »
We can keep hoping, but it's going to take an on campus champion to make it happen.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline nickgyp

• Superstar
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2017, 08:23:35 PM »
Agreed! The success of BB and the squeeze on season ticket holders may leave some fans looking for an alternative sport to follow at Xavier.

Offline DFW HOYA

• Rookie
    • HoyaSaxa.com: Georgetown Football
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2017, 08:00:28 PM »
Has anyone seriously discussed a strategic plan to bring Xavier to the Pioneer League by, say, 2021? The impact of another 100 male students to X's bottom line cannot and should not be ignored.

Built-in rivalries with Butler and Dayton, and exposure to the recruiting areas of Ohio and Northern Kentucky would bring the talent, if only Xavier had the will.

Offline nickgyp

• Superstar
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2018, 11:39:48 AM »
DFW:

I'd love it but not sure how to get that into the mix. Sister went to Georgetown so it is doable.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal