topic XAVIER CLUB FOOTBALL SHOP 24
[Forum Announcements]
nickgyp
March 16, 2024, 09:52:32 AM
topic Update
[General Discussion]
Bruce
March 14, 2024, 09:35:30 AM

Author Topic: Jerseys  (Read 18130 times)

muskie

Jerseys
« on: July 21, 2008, 08:05:49 PM »
I realize it's probably not possible or likely... but any plans to make Jerseys available for purchase by the public?

Offline nickgyp

• Superstar
Re: Jerseys
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2008, 08:50:40 PM »
Coach Powers advises that the team will have new white jerseys with a small "Xavier" on them as well as blue stripes. I am suppose to meet with him next week, I will ask him.

muskie

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2008, 01:36:15 PM »
Coach Powers advises that the team will have new white jerseys with a small "Xavier" on them as well as blue stripes. I am suppose to meet with him next week, I will ask him.

Thanks Nick either let me know here or over at XH. We seem to have some interest if that makes a difference in his answer:
http://www.xavierhoops.com/forums/showthread.php?p=48671#post48671

Offline nickgyp

• Superstar
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2008, 08:33:41 PM »
Muskie:

I visted the web-site and I am impressed by the interest. I even registered but my long-winded post never made it. Wow, another forum that I never knew existed. For now, I will stay posted here but please refer those posters to this forum.  I have yet to finalize a date this week for the meeting but jerseys and mini-helmets will be on the agenda.

I will keep you posted. The season is not far off and it is time to promote the team and I think a local event before the fall campaign needs to be organized for that very purpose.

muskie

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2008, 11:11:48 AM »
Muskie:

I visted the web-site and I am impressed by the interest. I even registered but my long-winded post never made it. Wow, another forum that I never knew existed. For now, I will stay posted here but please refer those posters to this forum.  I have yet to finalize a date this week for the meeting but jerseys and mini-helmets will be on the agenda.

I will keep you posted. The season is not far off and it is time to promote the team and I think a local event before the fall campaign needs to be organized for that very purpose.

I'll keep checking back and throw a link up to this site as well. Let me know if there is more I can do to help.  I think you'll find that we are a little more friendly to the Xavier Football movement than other sites.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2008, 01:40:49 PM by muskie »

Offline nickgyp

• Superstar
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2008, 05:10:20 PM »
Muskie:

Just posted on Xavier message board and searched "footballl" for posts. Read a few negatives but my overall impression is that there are quite a few posters who do not inderstand D-1 non-scholarship football. I read one web-ste where an OSU professor familair with Title IX is of the opinion that club sports count in the ratio of female to male sports so if a n improper balance existed it could be rmedied by female club sports. May be getting ahead of myself as club football has to stand on its own two feet before thinking beyond club level.

muskie

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2008, 09:56:35 AM »
Thanks for the quick response to my questions! I appreciate Coach Powers input as well.

Offline nickgyp

• Superstar
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2008, 09:13:50 PM »
Just got back from meeting with Coach Powers and a couple of other team supporters. Lenghty discussions about ways to promote the team but the parameters of what promotions can be done need to be worked out. We plan to meet again soon to finalize what can be done to promote the 2008 season. Discussions were fruitful but details need to be ironed out. Stay tuned.

Offline NiceSpiral

• Starter
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2008, 08:45:57 PM »
We enjoyed purchasing ball caps and T-shirts last year and wear 'em proudly.

The updated site looks great, guys -- thanks!  Really enjoy the photo gallery.   Thanks for posting the schedule Nick Gyp...will be at the home games!

Offline nickgyp

• Superstar
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2008, 06:21:20 PM »
Had a meeting with Coach Powers and some of the players last week including club officers. Still trying to maybe put together some sort of get together near campus.during the season maybe during a "bye-week". Conditioning has started and team doc is giving physicals  to players. I believe players will be arriving soon as school commences next week so I will keep you all posted.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal