[General Discussion]
Bruce
March 14, 2024, 09:35:30 AM

Author Topic: Logo  (Read 13633 times)

Online Bruce

• Administrator
Logo
« on: July 20, 2006, 10:39:32 AM »
If you've got some artistic talent, and I don't, I'm looking for someone to design a logo to replace the one from simple machine forum in the upper right corner. Let's see what you've got!

Offline nickgyp

• Superstar
Re: Logo
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2006, 05:18:14 PM »
Let me try this again. XU Fan in DC has a degree in Fine Arts from Georgetown U. I can draw up a modern era XU football helmet but I dwouldn't know how to get it to you.

Offline XU Fan in DC

• Taxi Squad
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2006, 07:46:12 PM »
Nick, do you have a scanner?  You can scan it onto your computer and email the jpeg to Bruce. Unfortunately, I don't have one, though I guess I could draw something and scan it at Kinko's.

Bruce, what do you have in mind?  A helmet design? 

(Nick - what about some old XU fb player drawings?  You know, the type drawn from the feet up?)

Offline nickgyp

• Superstar
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2006, 07:53:44 PM »
I do have an old Xavier football poster with a QB in action on it (Tim Dydo, I believe). Could this be used (my printer ihas a scanner on it)it). How about some football photo frpm my Xavier yearbook)

Online Bruce

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2006, 09:16:08 PM »
Bruce, what do you have in mind?  A helmet design?
I'm not sure what I have in mind.  Like I said, I have no talent for this kind of thing, though a football helmet would certainly fit the bill.

DFW HOYA

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2006, 09:23:48 AM »
With a credit to St. Francis Xavier College, as found (but not remote loaded from) the "Helmet Project" web site, here's a suggestion:

Offline XU Fan in DC

• Taxi Squad
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2006, 11:45:15 AM »
I like that, DFW - nice work!

Go Hoyas, go Muskies!

xucoach

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2006, 02:03:58 PM »
The "current" plan for our helmet is to have a white helmet with a white facemask, to have 3 navy blue stripes down the center of the helmet (like the '73 helmet, a 1" center stripe with a 3/8" stripe on either side, separated by 3/8".  On the side of the helmet we will have an overlapping XU on a diagonal (with the font similar to the "X" we see on the school's website or at center court in the Cintas Center).

I would like our uniforms to be something that the "Old Guard" can relate to and one that shows them the respect that is due them.

Offline nickgyp

• Superstar
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2006, 06:38:53 PM »
Coach:

I liked the "73 uniforms a whole lot. Very Classy and Clean. Perfect to  provide a link to the past!!

Offline nickgyp

• Superstar
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2006, 06:43:55 PM »
DFW Hoya:

I like the helmet design that you posted; sorta the reverse of my high school alma mater here in Cincinnati (St.X) which is whote with a blue block X and blue stripe (except the Bombers went away from a strict blocked "X" to a  modified X.  The latter is okay but the block X is "stronger" so to speak. I am just partial to tje old XU unifroms. Thanks for the interest and support!

Offline Coach

• Taxi Squad
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2006, 07:59:53 AM »
I like the X that the athletic dept uses.  I would like Blue with a white or silver X, but I know from many years of jv football coaching that white helmets are cheaper, and easier to come by.

Offline nickgyp

• Superstar
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2006, 09:25:13 PM »
Coach:

Welcome to this board. All I can tell you is that Xavier's old uniforms and helmets looked very nice, I didn't know that white helmets are cheaper but it stands to reason. In any case, plain white helmets with no stripes are downright bland although Penn State's helmets go well with the simplicity of their uniforms. No glam; just solid football.

xucoach

« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2006, 12:01:58 PM »
Coach,

Are you a retired coach or are you still coaching?  Did you coach at XU?  Are you available to coach? Our coaching staff is still being put together and I was wondering if you were interested in helping out.  We are definitely thinking of tying in the "old style" with our uniforms.  From what our equipment supplier tells us, the white helmets aren't necessarity cheaper but they are easier to get because they keep a big stock of them.

Our goal is for the XU Musketeer Football players of the past to be able to recognize and relate to our uniforms.  I am an "old school" guy when it comes to uniforms, not fancy, but "clean and sharp".

If you have any other questions about our program, please don't hesitate to ask.

MUSKETEER FOOTBALL #1
All For One, and One For All

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal