topic XAVIER CLUB FOOTBALL SHOP 24
[Forum Announcements]
nickgyp
March 16, 2024, 09:52:32 AM
topic Update
[General Discussion]
Bruce
March 14, 2024, 09:35:30 AM

Author Topic: Oct 20 Game  (Read 14466 times)

Offline Coach

• Taxi Squad
Oct 20 Game
« on: September 28, 2007, 07:58:00 AM »
Am looking forward to coming to town for the game Oct. 20.  Is it at Norwood again this year?  Also I would imagine it will be the largest attended game again.  Is anything special planned, pre game or post game ?  Have been wearing last years white football T, looking fiorward to the new grey one's.  I came to town last year, caught the football game in the am, spent the day sight seeing and some watering holes and then went to Musketeer Madness at the Cintas that evening.  I t is a great all day deal for XU sports fans.  Spread the word.  Go X .

Offline nickgyp

• Superstar
Re: Oct 20 Game
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2007, 04:24:20 PM »
Coach:

Game is at Norwood stadium again and the crowd shoud be big. The new gray t's are sharp and the ball caps even sharper. I will check with Coach Powers and maybe there will be aplace for the Muskie faithful to gather both pre and post game. The Norwood stadium lot is small  but I guess there's room for tailgating just not so sure re open-container law enforcement. I will try and check to see what is allowed.

Offline NiceSpiral

• Starter
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2007, 08:33:25 PM »
Whoa, Nick Gyp, if I am reading it right about an 11 AM kick-off, that Open Container issue will apply only to the young n crazy and/or the coarser 'Who Dey' types ! ;) 

Then again, during my college career, I probably could envision a morning Tailgate party with maybe some Mimosas or Hot chocolate-n-Peppermint Schapps.  (Under 21? Please disregard -- college is way too precious an opportunity to waste by being wasted).

Seriously, though, you're right Coach -- the Oct 20 game will be a great way to start off Musketeer FAMILY Weekend...

xucoach

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2007, 11:06:31 AM »
It should be a great Day.  We are hoping the stands will be full and surpass last year's 3100 attendance.  We are also selling hats and 2006 highlight DVDs.  Hope to see you all there.  SPREAD THE WORD!!!!!!!!

Offline nickgyp

• Superstar
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2007, 08:24:56 PM »
XUCoach:

Got it!

Offline xumuskiefan

• Taxi Squad
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2007, 08:08:55 AM »
We are looking forward to it!

GO X!

Offline NiceSpiral

• Starter
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2007, 08:32:35 PM »
Me, too! Save me a hat and T shirt, gang!

Wow, step away from this site for a few days and then discover how fast things are growing and developing ... 

Bruce, don't lose me when there's a transition from this Board to some "official" site (er, uh, then again, I guess I could track you guys down again ...  ;)

Nick Gyp  -- thanks for that color commentary on the Miami game.  Ever thought about being to football what Andy Mac is to basketball? Or writing for the Enquirer or Post?   (Yeah, I realize these lines are gonna mean different things to different people!)  ::)   At any rate, really appreciate the time you and Bruce, et al, take in keeping us "far aways" informed ...   :-*

It is wonderful to see the ever increasing number of views on these pages & support for the team ... That observation about Detroit Mercy and goal posts in the architects' rendering was pretty astute ... Way to go, gentlemen:  Keep up the great work, and see you on October 20 !!!

Offline Bruce

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2007, 09:00:01 PM »
Bruce, don't lose me when there's a transition from this Board to some "official" site (er, uh, then again, I guess I could track you guys down again ...  ;)
I don't plan on closing this board.  I'm actually hoping to expand it with some additional coverage and articles, if I can find some time.

xucoach

« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2007, 04:14:45 PM »
GAMETIME FOR SATURDAY, OCTOBER 20, 2007 IS 12:00 NOON!   It had to be changed due to a scheduling conflict.

Offline nickgyp

• Superstar
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2007, 08:31:17 PM »
Spiral:

Glad to oblige with my observations at the game. As someone who can remember when the Enquirer would write about Xavier football games as well as printing a series of pictures depicting a significant play (with marrkings indicating the ball's route on the play), I figure it is the least I can do to help generate and keep interest in the football now being played on Victory Parkway.

As I near possible retirement, family members have urged me to get more involved at Xavier both with academics as well as football. I have to admit that I like being around the football players. At last night's practice, I conversed with injured QB Jimmy Byrens about the team, his academic studies and his post-XU days. Great young man! The other players attending (even when Xavier is on break) bring such a refreshing and genuine enthusiasm that it is very infectious.

It is very easy to want to see them succeed and support them along the way. The more the Xavier community and local community learns about the efforts Coach Powers and his team are putting in, the sooner more people will be able to enjoy football at Xavier in person.

WVMJR

« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2007, 06:05:54 AM »
     Three cheers for the Muskies.  Bringing back football will be a slow process, but this is the way to move along. Now its on to the next game and little by little. In very little time it appears that this is beginning to gell. Who knows, the future schedules could just possibly include the Quantico Marines a few years down the line. Wouldn´t that stir some memories and bring in some cash? Good luck to all and to the "project".

Offline nickgyp

• Superstar
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2007, 06:54:30 PM »
WVMJR:

Quantico? Do they still paly? Great memories. Saturday's win over SIUE was a good win for the club program. Three more games left for 2007. Hope there are more than 7 games in 2008 but  I am not sure what tentative games are lined up in addition to the league games.

WVMJR

« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2007, 01:58:24 AM »
     Nick: Ihave no idea as to the fielding of a team by the Quantico Marines, but there is inter-service football.  Why not try to schedule one of those teams in the future?  As far as PR goes it would be very positive and from a competitive perspective interesting.  Does Wright-Paterson field a team? Man, there are lots of angles that could be played on this one. I propose that this be looked into.  Wouldn´t take more than a telephone call to find out about available service teams in the area.

Offline nickgyp

• Superstar
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2007, 07:35:50 PM »
wvmjr:

I will suggest it to coach Powers. I have lived in Cincinnati virtually all my life except for law school in Dayton. Never heard or read about a team there but it would be worth looking into. I will let you know if I find out anything. Thanks for the suggestion

WVMJR

« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2007, 09:56:20 AM »
     Ihave no idea what military teams are in the area, but football is still on the agenda.  In Europe there is a yearly championship amongst the US bases and in the States I would think there is an equivalence. Good luck.  As to Quantico,I´ll never forget the win that broke almost two seasons of losses.  After the game, that locker room went wild.  Interesting to note that there we´re over 10,000 fans in the stadium and that every Boy Scout in Cincinnati was present. For that very reason, I´ll never forget the Quantico Marines. Every year they came to Cincy was special. Muskies.....Go get that next win!  In every game you play there will always be an "extra" guy on the field. History has a way of repeating itself, so go for it and bring back those  of past years who have never forgotten Xavier football.....the "little" ND from Ohio.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal