topic XAVIER CLUB FOOTBALL SHOP 24
[Forum Announcements]
nickgyp
March 16, 2024, 09:52:32 AM
topic Update
[General Discussion]
Bruce
March 14, 2024, 09:35:30 AM

Author Topic: News to Me  (Read 2243 times)

Offline nickgyp

• Superstar
News to Me
« on: July 07, 2018, 04:43:16 PM »
A couple of nights ago, I had dinner with former club coach Tom Powers at Delicio's pizza at Xavier square. Waiter was a senior-to-be at Xavier and he commented on coach powers shirt which had Xavier football on it. He was aware Xavier dropped football long ago; and that led to discussion of the club program. The waiter said that there was an effort this year to re-start club football at Xavier via the club sports program but apparently costs were a concern. I have queried Xavier football on occasion recently but never saw any reference to this effort at the school. Coach Powers opined that the football alums probably wouldn't financially support it but there had been support of the club team before. Not so sure what number of students were actually involved in this effort but if I hear anything I will add to this thread. Wish I had known because the fire burns still.

Offline Bruce

• Administrator
Re: News to Me
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2018, 06:09:01 PM »
It would be great if the football alums could help support a club team, but that’s a slowly declining group of men.  I’m still hoping it starts back up some day.

We need a well off Father Finn Society member to leave a large sum to the school, but earmarked only for a club football program!
« Last Edit: July 26, 2018, 06:11:02 PM by Bruce »

Offline nickgyp

• Superstar
Re: News to Me
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2018, 04:24:47 PM »
True enough about the pre-1973 football alums. However, there are a number of club football alums who are of tender year so to speak so who knows?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal