topic XAVIER CLUB FOOTBALL SHOP 24
[Forum Announcements]
nickgyp
March 16, 2024, 09:52:32 AM
topic Update
[General Discussion]
Bruce
March 14, 2024, 09:35:30 AM

Author Topic: xavier mini helmets and desk caddies  (Read 3155 times)

Offline nickgyp

• Superstar
xavier mini helmets and desk caddies
« on: October 24, 2019, 07:30:22 PM »
Not sure if this Twitter copy will come through but it appears that Xavier mini helmets and mini helmet desk caddies were part of a promotion per a twitter by Xavier Asst. AD Brian Hicks. Sales went so well that a new order was made for more. I couldn't find anything on the Xavier bookstore website but in response to my tweet it appears they are to become part of the catalogue. A really great idea that during club football days I was unable to get the bookstore to do. Anything that promotes Xavier football history is a good thing. The silver and blue helmets do not look like previous helmets but the blue and white helmets resemble the ones used n 1973. These 1973 helmets inspired the look of the club football helmets in 2006.  Keep checking the bookstore site. The holidays are coming and interest in these could stimulate interest in Xavier 's football history and possible future. A guy can hope!!

All For One Shop

@XavierBookstore
?
Oct 18

Sold out! Reorder will be here within two weeks with online ordering available at that time!

Show more replies

All For One Shop

@XavierBookstore
?
Oct 23

Replying to
@nickgyp
They should be in stock in a couple of weeks. The first shipment was an in store only promotion. We are working on adding this to outline catalog.

Kevin O. Donovan

@nickgyp
?
14m

Great idea! Football is a big part of Xavier history. The "Undefeated Since 1973" tee-shirts in my opinion do nothing to honor the Xavier gridiron story. The football history of many schools can be easily seen in the number of throwback helmets that are available.

Offline nickgyp

• Superstar
Re: xavier mini helmets and desk caddies
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2019, 07:32:24 PM »
Well the bookstore display didnt recopy but Mr. Hicks thought they'd disappear fast and they did!

Offline nickgyp

• Superstar
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2019, 07:33:41 PM »
Pictures can be seen by linking to Brian Hicks Xavier marketing guy's twitter account.

Offline nickgyp

• Superstar
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2019, 07:46:37 PM »
This is tweet that I saw from October 18th. Picture probably won't reproduce because I have no idea what I am dong with twitter.

Brian Hicks

@XUmktgguy

In store now at
@XavierBookstore
. Act fast because these will be gone in the blink of an eye.

5:51 PM ? Oct 17, 2019 from Norwood, OH?Twitter for iPhone
 Retweets

Kevin O. Donovan

@nickgyp
?
Oct 23

Replying to
@XUmktgguy
 and
@XavierBookstore
As someone who grew up going to Xavier football games at Corcoran Field and who also was involved with Xavier Club Football, I love the idea that Xavier Minis would be available.
But these are not listed anywhere on the bookstore sites or anywhere else on the internet.

Kevin O. Donovan

@nickgyp
?
Oct 21

Replying to
@XUmktgguy
 and
@XavierBookstore
Had hoped club football would have morphed into non scholarship football in the PFL with Butler and Dayton, Football sure hasn't hurt Villanova basketball, has it?

Kevin O. Donovan

@nickgyp
?
Oct 21

Replying to
@XUmktgguy
 and
@XavierBookstore
I tried like heck to see if the bookstore could get these back in 2007 when club football existed. Had some made by Moe's Minis at the time.  Really cool idea. I believe Coach Powers got one to Fr. Graham at the time. Grew up going to Xavier football games and miss those times!

Offline Bruce

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2019, 06:50:03 PM »
Here’s a photo of them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline nickgyp

• Superstar
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2019, 02:00:04 PM »
Thanks, Bruce! I still use my abacus more than my cell phone. The silver and blue helmets look good but they aren't Xavier history and remind me of the Cowboys who outside Green Bay cast-off, Randall Cobb, don't feature anyone I like. I can do without Jerry Jones unless he won't to subsidize football at Xavier.

Offline nickgyp

• Superstar
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2019, 10:42:26 AM »
As of today, these helmets and caddies are now available at the Xavier bookstore on-line. Hope they sell well and generate discussion of Xavier football.

Offline nickgyp

• Superstar
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2019, 02:52:10 PM »
Helmets are also on sale at Cintas.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal