* Recent Topics

Author Topic: Presbyterian new head coach  (Read 142 times)

Offline nickgyp

• Superstar
Presbyterian new head coach
« on: May 27, 2021, 09:43:38 AM »
I find the following article to be interesting. Presbyterian, a small liberal arts school, has hired an highly unorthodox but very successful high school, for its football team which just this year which went non-scholarship to begin playing in the non-scholarship Pioneer Football League. Why a successful high school coach after so many years at a high school in Arkansas would take a distant college position South Carolina intrigues me. The school (approximately 1200 undergrads) has been playing football since 1913 but it decided to no longer to offer football scholarships. I do not know the finances involved re the coach's salary but I can't imagine it to be a huge amount under the circumstances of what appears to be a de-emphasis of football. I guess the school is optimistic that it will work financially. Sure would be nice to see Xavier playing in the PFL. A guy can hope!

https://www.wyff4.com/article/presbyterian-college-hires-famed-high-school-coach-kevin-kelley-to-lead-football-program/36370260#

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal