topic Head coach posting
[General Discussion]
nickgyp
March 20, 2024, 04:07:34 PM
topic XAVIER CLUB FOOTBALL SHOP 24
[Forum Announcements]
nickgyp
March 16, 2024, 09:52:32 AM

Author Topic: Xavier football news October  (Read 321 times)

Offline nickgyp

• Superstar
Xavier football news October
« on: November 20, 2023, 09:10:01 PM »
On October 18th, the Cincinnati Enquirer reported that Xavier football would not happen in the near future due to prioritizing the medical school. I was out of town when I read the news. The article didn?t eliminate football being considered; only that it was not to occur in the near future. Disappointing even as the ?near future? was not defined. Surprisingly, neither Xavier Hoops nor Musketeer Madness discussed this news. I did find an October 18th Cincinnati Business Journal article (unavailable for copying due to expensive paywall) that discussed that there are some 270 Xavier football alumni alive (seems high but may include club alums) and a core group of 13 football alums remain interested in making it happen. The article further mentioned that the next campus plans due out in the spring will include possible football stadium sites.

I have heard no more about these specific issues. As I am getting older, I wish it would happen sooner than later but it all remains to be seen. After the last year of hoping for a definitive ?yes?, optimism remains I guess.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal